REDDING, Calif. - Redding police arrested a 19-year-old for drunk driving and causing damage to a total of eight parked cars.
This happened in the area of Galaxy Way and Victor Avenue Friday morning at 3:00 a.m.
Police say Riley Whalen was arrested after a short pursuit with police during which Whalen hit two more cars. Then Whalen crashed into the rear fence of a residence.
Police said Whalen then resisted arrest and fled on foot. After police caught up with him he resisted arrest again. After a struggle he was taken into custody.
He was arrested for suspicion of DUI, eight counts of hit-and-run, resisting arrest and felony evading.
- Driver damages multiple cars before being arrested in Redding
- Alleged DUI Driver Overturns Car, Causes Property Damage in Redding
- DUI Driver Leaves Redding Traffic Sign Damaged: Police
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Suspected DUI Driver Rear-Ends Redding Police Car
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Redding Contractor Under Investigation for Environmental Damage
- Fire causes damage to Red Bluff business
- Paradise Police arrest man for multiple warrants