BUTTE COUNTY, Calif.- A father whose son was shot and killed is searching for answers.
Jacob McArthur was murdered on Craig Access Road near Oroville on Dec. 21.
Reporter Kristian Lopez sat down with his father, who is desperate to find his son's killer.
Alex McArthur, a hollywood actor from Los Angeles, says he had concerns knowing his son was a well-known pot grower in the area.
McArthur says he urged his son to move from the area, 3 days before his murder. "I said Jacob you are in a very vulnerable position, you're up on a mountain alone, people know you're there, they know you possibly have money, things people would want to steal, you have to get off that mountain."
Detectives say the shooting was related to a large drug trafficking organization.
Tuesday the Butte County Sheriff's Office announced that over the past two weeks, they have seized drugs, cash and guns and have arrested six people.
Investigators believe the drug bust is connected to McArthur's murder, but a suspect has not been identified.
They say search warrants at 13 homes turned up 3,300 pounds of marijuana, $140,000 in cash and 10 guns.
Officials have identified Shaina Burnette from Chico as the leader of the drug organization.
Christopher Mack from Concow also faces a child pornography charge.
Anyone with information about the murder is asked to call the Butte County Sheriff's Office.
- Oroville murder investigation, father speaks out
- Father, Son Shooting in Oroville
- Police investigate murder of Oroville grandmother
- Family of Oroville couple facing murder charges speaks out
- Oroville Homicide Under Investigation
- Oroville district superintendent speaks for the first time about investigation
- Father Confesses To Murdering Family
- Oroville police capture murder suspect
- Sheriff's office investigating bodies found in Oroville as murder-suicide
- Oroville Mayoral Candidate Speaks About Troubled Past