LINDA, Calif. - The driver in a deadly DUI crash in Linda in July has pleaded guilty to two counts of gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated.
Rachel Hawkins, 32, of Marysville, was traveling north on North Beale Road west of College View Drive on July 24 when she collided head-on with a vehicle traveling east on the same road.
The collision resulted in the deaths of Abel Lopez, 51, of Yuba City, and Jose Luis Manjares-Gonzales, 68, of Yuba City.
Hawkins is scheduled for sentencing on Nov. 19 and is facing a maximum 12-year sentence.
"Not only is this a good disposition, it is a quick disposition," said Yuba County Deputy District Attorney John R.Vacek. "That would not have been possible without a thorough investigation and a good report."
- Driver in Deadly DUI Collision Pleads Guilty to Vehicular Manslaughter
- Man on probation for vehicular manslaughter arrested
- Former CHP officer gets probation in vehicular manslaughter case
- Hit & Run Suspect Convicted of Gross Vehicular Manslaughter While Intoxicated
- Rackerby man gets maximum sentence for vehicular manslaughter
- DUI Suspect in Deadly Oroville Crash Pleads Not Guilty
- Woman Pleads to Deadly DUI Crash
- Oroville man pleads not guilty to DUI for fatal Hwy 70 collision
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision