UPDATE 3:40 p.m. Monday, May 6, 2019 - (AP) Authorities have identified the three members of a family who were killed as they slept after a suspected drunk driver plowed his pickup truck into their parked trailer home.
Sutter County Sheriff's Office spokesman Undersheriff Scott Smallwood said Monday 38-year-old Jose Pacheco, 34-year-old Anna Pacheco and their 10-year-old son Angel Pacheco were killed Saturday night.
He says the Pacheco's 11-year-old daughter is in critical condition.
The California Highway Patrol says 33-year-old Ismael Huazo-Jardinez was driving "at a high rate of speed" when his truck crashed into the Pacheco's trailer Saturday night in the agricultural community of Knights Landing near Sacramento.
Smallwood says Huazo-Jardinez was released Sunday after posting $300,000 bail.
Huazo-Jardinez is scheduled to appear in court on June 10.
It wasn't immediately known if Huazo-Jardinez has an attorney who can comment on his behalf.
KNIGHT'S LANDING, Calif. - Three family members died and another suffered major injuries after the driver of a Chevy Avalanche plowed into the trailer they were sleeping in.
This occurred in Knight’s Landing on Saturday night at approximately 9:50 p.m.
According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) 33-year-old Ismael Huazo-Jardinez of Yuba City was heading northbound on State Route 113 south of Jennings Court at a rate of speed when he “failed to negotiate” an “S” curve, which caused him to drive directly into the trailer where the family was sleeping.
A 38-year-old man, a 34-year-old woman and a 10-year-old boy all died at the scene of the crash. An 11-year-old girl was taken to U.C. Davis with major injuries.
Huazo-Jardinez was arrested for driving under the influence (DUI) and then taken to a local emergency room for treatment of moderate injuries.
Huazo-Jardinez was then booked into the Sutter County Jail for charges of felony DUI and vehicular manslaughter.
- Driver that killed 3 in suspected DUI crash makes bail, family identified
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding
- Suspected DUI driver crashes into family's home in south Oroville
- Victims identified in Plumas County DUI crash that killed 3
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Suspected DUI driver speeds, crashes, gets major injuries
- Suspected DUI driver crashes into creek off Highway 32
- Suspected DUI driver rams LA patrol cars
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- UPDATE: Two men killed identified, one arrested after suspected DUI crash on Hwy 70