Oroville, Calif.-- Oroville Police say at approximately 4:50 p.m Tuesday night, they received several 911 calls regarding a possible drive-by shooting at a home off Wyandotte Avenue and Burlington Avenue.
Police say within minutes, an OPD Officer located a vehicle matching the description provided by witnesses and attempted to stop the vehicle. A chase ensued and as the vehicle was fleeing a woman exited the vehicle. The pursuit continued and eventually ended at the Denny's parking lot in Oroville.
Officers then arrested 35-year-old Gary Cartwright.
Officers found several firearms and ammunition inside the car including an AK-4 Assault rifle, two AR-15 rifles , a 12-gauge shotgun and several hundred rounds of ammunition just to name a few. Police say the majority of firearms were found loaded.
The woman passenger was interviewed and police say she was possibly being held within the vehicle against her will.
Cartwright was transported and booked into the Butte County Jail for several charges including shooting at an inhabited dwelling, negligent discharge of a firearm from a vehicle and kidnapping.
Police say no one was struck by the 4-5 rounds that were fired.
- Drive-By Shooting, Chase, Firearm Bust in Oroville
- Chico woman busted for meth, cash and firearms
- Oroville Police Arrest 2 After Drug Bust
- Oroville Police chase: man still missing
- Two Oroville men busted with 126lbs of marijuana
- Man Arrested After Marijuana Grow Operation Bust in Oroville
- Felon Arrested with Loaded Firearm
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- Father, Son Shooting in Oroville
- Suspect Arrested in Oroville Shooting