SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - There is now 24/7 traffic control in place on Highway 299, west of Redding, due to the Dri Whiskey Project.
The project is taking place between Old Shasta and French Gulch.
Traffic control will be in place through the end of July. Officials warn motorists of 30-minute delays.
The speed limit will be reduced to 45 miles per hour in the area during the project.
"We appreciate everyone's patience and cooperation during construction and remind people to please slow down where our crews are working on the roadways," said
The project will complete repairs on Highway 299 from damage caused by the Carr Fire.
- Dri Whiskey Project causes 24/7 traffic control on Highway 299
- Traffic Alerts: Highway 299
- Highway 299 traffic control lifted after big rig crash
- Traffic alert: Construction causes 15-minute delays on Highway 299
- Victim Identified in Highway 299 Fatal Crash
- Victim Identified in Deadly Highway 299 Crash
- Opening Hours Extended for Highway 299 between Redding and Weaverville
- Highway 299 reopens east of Redding after police activity closure
- SHERIFF: Homicide investigation along Highway 299 near Ingot
- Deadly crash on Highway 299, deputy injured, one dead