CHICO, Calif. - Hundreds of people came out to the annual Pride Festival in Chico to celebrate the LGBTQ+ community.
The event featured a variety of fun activities for all ages and was put on by Stonewall Alliance Center. The event is put on in an effort to unite and support the LGBTQ+ community.
"We're just trying to create a safe place for the LGBT community to be represented and for all of the allies in the community to come out and support us," said Celeste Cramer, the executive director of the center.
"I've never been to a Pride festival before so this is my first time," said Lacey Monson. "Plus I'm pretty new to Chico so it's pretty cool... I've never experienced anything like this before."
Chico Pride Weekend continues Sunday at 9 a.m. with a community brunch at One Mile.
For details on Sunday's events, CLICK HERE.
- Downtown Chico celebrates Pride
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Chico Downtown Parking Pains
- Downtown Chico Christmas preview
- Downtown Chico sales revenues up
- Chico Pride Festival Ends with a Sunday Brunch
- Veterans Day celebration in Chico
- Downtown Chico Christmas Preview is Sunday
- World's rarest cars in downtown Chico
- Downtown Chico Tree Lighting is tonight