From 6 - 8 p.m. Friday, December 1st, the Downtown Chico City Plaza will be packed with holiday revelers tonight as the switch turns on more than 2,000 LED lights on the 90 foot redwood tree during the lighting of the Annual Community Christmas Tree!
There will be a a musical program with Christmas carols, and Santa and the Mayor will be there.
You can enjoy performances by the Children's Choir of Chico and Sounds of the Valley Women's Chorus
Meanwhile, the Downtown Chico Business Association is continuing it's "Elf on a Shelf Adventure". Each day an elf is placed in one of 30 different participating businesses. Clues about elf "Chestnut's" whereabouts will be posted on the Downtown Chico Facebook page and Instagram accounts (@downtownchico). If you spot Chestnut tell an employee and you'll be entered into a drawing for one of three grand prizes, to be given away on Decmber 21st. Visit www.downtownchico.com for more information.
And finally, there will be free parking on Fridays in the parking structure, in parking lots and on the street in the downtown Chico area from now until the Christmas shopping season is over.
- Downtown Chico Tree Lighting is tonight
- Christmas tree lighting ceremony brings holiday cheer to Downtown Chico
- Pluto's Downtown Chico Closing
- Chico Downtown Parking Pains
- Orland Avenue of Lights kicks off tonight
- Organizations, Volunteers Lighting up Downtown Cottonwood
- Downtown Chico Christmas Preview is Sunday
- World's rarest cars in downtown Chico
- Christmas business booming in downtown Chico
- Firefighter memorial live from downtown Chico