UPDATE 10:52 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2018 - Congressman Doug LaMalfa defeated Audrey Denney in the race for District 1 Congressional Representative.
LaMalfa ended with 110,236 votes and which comes out to 56 percent while Denney ended with 86,137 votes which comes out to 44 percent of the votes.
BUTTE COUNTY, Calif. - At the end of election night, Doug LaMalfa holds a large lead over Audrey Denney for District 1 Congressional Candidate.
Action News Now reporter Cecile Juliette spoke with LaMalfa about his success in the campaign as he makes his way toward a fourth term.
"I'm feeling really good," LaMalfa said. "It was a strong win. We had so many people come out of the woodwork, came behind me and said 'Hey Doug, how can we help?'"
He said that it was gratifying to see the support as he considers this a different kind of campaign and election year given national dynamics.
LaMalfa also has confidence in a Republican-controlled Senate.
"We see a strength in Senate," he said. "That will help the President to get his confirmations for his judicial spots for the people in this cabinet."
He also said that if he is not able to get things done legislatively with the Democrats controlling the House of Representatives they can go to those agencies and work with the Senate and those in charge.
As of 11:30 p.m. Doug LaMalfa leads Audrey Denney in the race for District 1 Congressional Representative 85,013 votes to 64,958 votes with 355 of 647 precincts reported.
- Doug LaMalfa Beats Audrey Denney in Congressional Race
- Denney and LaMalfa to Debate Sunday and Monday
- One-on-one with Congressman Doug LaMalfa
- Doug LaMalfa Sworn Into House of Representatives
- LaMalfa and Denney Square Off on Big North State and National Issues
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa reacts to State of the Union Address
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa introduces High-Speed Refund Act
- Congressman Doug LaMalfa discusses gun control, mass-shootings in America
- Rep. Doug LaMalfa shares thoughts on Wednesday's impeachment debate
- Rep. Doug LaMalfa Speaks to Action News Now about 'Carr Fire'