Chico, Calif.-- An entrepreneurial student at Chico State, Aaron Byers, lost everything in the Camp Fire except the clothes on his back.
Byers is a graduating senior and is working on getting interviews for jobs. For one interview he landed, the problem was wearing the appropriate clothes.
With a shoe size of 16, it's hard for Byers to find a good pair. He approached Professor Colleen Robb on whether or not he should wear the one pair of shoes he has, or tell his possible future employer his situation.
"I was like, do I email the company beforehand saying 'hey I'm going to wear some Vans because I don't have any shoes because all my stuff burned?' I didn't want to seem desperate and I don't want to put that pressure on a new employer," Byers said.
Professor Robb posted on Chico State's Facebook page Rise Wildcats. It caught the attention of a lot of students and the online retailer Zappos.
The company donated three pairs of black leather shoes for Byers.
- Donated Shoes For Camp Fire Survivor
- Birkenstock Pop-Up Shoe Giveaway for Camp Fire Survivors
- DONATE: Camp Fire Relief
- Esurance donates 2 cars to Camp Fire survivors
- Erin Brockovich Meets with Camp Fire Survivors
- Boxer Ava Knight Helps Camp Fire Survivors
- Gov. Newsom meets with Camp Fire survivors
- Survivor opens Camp Fire Barbeque joint
- 280 grants given to Camp Fire survivors
- Survivors react to PG&E Camp Fire involvement