A domestic violence situation caused a short lockdown Tuesday morning at two schools in Chico.
Chico Police say it started at a home on Notre Dame Boulvard just after 10 a.m., when a man took off with a gun in the area of the schools.
To be extra cautious, Marsh Junior High and Little Chico Elementary School were immediately placed on code red and locked down at 10:24 a.m.
Less than 5 minutes later, officers located and arrested the man and all lockdowns were lifted.
No details about this person have been released.
We do know, no one was hurt.
- Domestic violence dispute causes short school lock down in Chico
- Chico man arrested for felony domestic violence and attempted kidnapping
- Bystander stabbed while intervening in alleged domestic dispute
- Chico police dispute recent violent crime statistics
- Shingletown man arrested for domestic violence after dropped 911 call
- Domestic violence shelter to be created in Colusa County
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake
- "Empower Tehama" Hosts Vigil for Domestic Violence Victims
- SCSO: Man Suspected of Domestic Violence Assaults K-9
- New non-profit launched to fight domestic violence