UPDATE: According to Paradise police, they have told Action News Now that the man accused of trying to run a woman over, has been found and arrested.
Paradise police are not releasing the name of the man, or where he was found.
Police have not released any details regarding the woman, or if she's been located.
We will bring more information as it becomes available into our newsroom.
Authorities on the ridge are searching for two people they say are involved in a terrifying domestic incident that lead to a wild chase.
Paradise police say around 1:30 p.m. Sunday, a man and a woman got into a fight in the De Sabla area in northern Magalia.
And the man jumped into the woman's Saturn and tried to run her over.
She waved down a man in a black truck who picked her up and tried to help her escape.
But the man in the Saturn kept trying to run into the truck.
It all finally ended when both cars wrecked at the intersection of Wagstaff Road and the Skyway, knocking out a power pole.
Police say both the man and the woman involved in the altercation took off on foot.
Police say the woman was terrified when she approached the good Samaritan.
"She hopped in the truck and said I’m fleeing for my life you know keep driving don't stop she called 911,” said Officer David Akin.
A few homes were without power after that pole was knocked down.
The good Samaritan who stopped and picked up the woman was on scene but he declined to speak with us.
Skyway has since reopened.
- Domestic issue turns into wild chase in Paradise
- Paradise woman turns 100
- Water Warning Issued for Paradise
- Town of Paradise issues first rebuild permit
- 3 Arrested Stemming From Domestic Violence Issue in Shasta Lake
- Paradise home invasion suspect arrested after high speed chase
- Shasta County Traffic Stop Turns Into High-Speed Chase
- Dionne Warwick Cancels Paradise Performance Due to Payment Issue
- First Paradise rebuild permit issued to family of 3
- Baby Fawn Released Back Into Wild