SANTA BARBARA, Calif. (AP) - Divers find the body of last missing victim from boat fire off Southern California coast that killed 34.
Authorities say divers have resumed a search for the final missing victim who perished in a boat fire off the Southern California coast.
The victim is one of 34 who died at sea last week near Santa Cruz Island. Five of the Conception's six crew members survived after multiple attempts to save the others who were trapped below deck.
Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Lt. Erik Raney says salvage efforts to recover the Conception also resumed Wednesday.
A criminal investigation of the fire is being handled by the Coast Guard, FBI and U.S. Attorney's Office in Los Angeles.
Authorities have said the victims, 21 women and 13 men from 16 to 62 years old, appear to have died from smoke inhalation.
- Divers find body of last missing victim from boat fire off Southern California
- Teacher, Arizona couple among missing California divers
- Police find body of missing Redding man
- TCSO Finds Body of Drowning Victim near Red Bluff
- Police Find Body of Missing 'At Risk' Siskiyou County Man
- Searchers Find Body Identified as Missing Chico Man
- Body of missing college student found in California park
- Wildfire Insurance Protections for California Fire Victims
- Update: Redding fire fighters deploy to southern California