HAPPY VALLEY, Calif. - A Shasta County man was arrested for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon after a Saturday morning shooting incident that occurred at his home in Happy Valley.
The shooting happened on Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018 at approximately 8:42 a.m. at a property on the 5400 block of Pine Street in Happy Valley.
While Shasta County Sheriff's officers were investigating the report of a disturbance at the home, they were contacted by 23-year-old Teezar Brady, who allegedly told them he had fired a gun at a subject, who was later identified as 24-year-old Dalton Brousseau-Tracy.
Brousseau-Tracy also contacted authorities to tell them he had been shot and was heading to a local hospital for treatment for a gunshot wound, authorities said.
Teezar Brady and his girlfriend, Rachel Walker, were contacted at the home. Officers said that Teezar Brady had unloaded his registered handgun, and had put it in a safe location for deputies to collect.
Officers said they determined that Brousseau-Tracy got into a verbal argument with his girlfriend, Annette Brady. They believe Teezar Brady was concerned for Annette Brady's safety, so pulled his 9mm handgun out of his safe. After a brief struggle Brousseau-Tracy sustained a single non-life threatening gunshot wound to the chest area, said officials.
Brousseau-Tracy and his girlfriend then went to the hospital to seek medical treatment and contacted the Sheriff's Office.
Officers gathered evidence and placed Teezar Brady under arrest for attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon.
The case is being transferred to the Shasta County District Attorney's Office for review.
- Disturbance in Happy Valley Home Leads to Shooting
- Danger in Happy Valley remains
- High speed pursuit ends in Happy Valley
- Happy Valley Strawberry Festival enjoys sunny weather
- Red Cross sets up evacuation center after explosives found in Happy Valley home
- Shasta County Sheriff's come up with plan to deal with explosives found at Happy Valley home
- LATEST: Remainder of explosives detonated in Happy Valley
- Happy Valley situation wraps up, but questions still remain
- Crews knock down fire caused by grill in Happy Valley
- Happy Lunar New Year!