GLENN COUNTY, Calif. - It has been exactly two years since former Pleasant Valley High School teacher and coach Brett Silva was killed in a car crash.
Tuesday, Glenn County District Attorney Dwayne Stewart says he will file charges within the next three months.
Silva was hit head-on on Highway 32 just west of Chico in a suspected DUI crash. The District Attorney still has not filed charges against the suspect, 25-year-old Ramon Barrera Junior.
While he said it will happen soon, he explained why it's taking so long.
There's no way to pinpoint exactly how long a criminal case is going to take we do our best effort to guess that we think it will take this long. Sometimes we hit the mark, unfortunately in cases like this we and weren't close to it," Stewart said.
- District Attorney: Charges Will be Filed Within Three Months in Brett Silva Case
- Brother, District Attorney weigh in on Brett Silva case
- Brett Silva Memorial All-Star Soccer Classic
- Suspect in 2017 Brett Silva Death Arrested
- Investigation into Death of Brett Silva Moving Forward
- District Attorney Files Lawsuit Against Redding Hotel
- Loved ones hold candlelight vigil for Brett Silva on 1-year anniversary of his death
- CA Attorney General Says Butte County District Attorney Actions in Desmond Phillips Case Justified
- District Attorney outlines killer's troubled, criminal past
- Butte County District Attorney Issues Scam Warning