Photo Gallery 3 Images
ENGLAND- A dying Star Wars fan received one of his final wishes.
The patient wanted to watch the newest Star Wars movie "Star Wars: Rise of the Skywalker" that will be released in mid-December of this year.
Rowans Hospice, where the patient was being treated, tweeted on Tuesday a plea on the patent's behalf saying "Time is not on his side."
The tweet was met with strong support and was wished "Good luck" by the actor of Luke Skywalker, Mark Hamill.
On Thursday, the chairman and CEO of Disney responded, "On this Thanksgiving, we at Disney are grateful to be able to share #RiseoftheSkywalker with a patient and his family at Rowan Hospice. May the Force be with you and with us all!"
The patient later released a thank you statement to Disney, saying he felt like he won the lottery.
- Disney chairman and CEO grants a patient their dying wish
- Palomar Homes Partners with Make-A-Wish to grant wishes to local children battling critical illnesses
- Dying 5-Year-Old Writes Own Obituary
- PG&E CEO tours Paradise
- Disney releases new 'Aladdin' trailer
- Christmas light show for ‘Make-A-Wish’
- FCC chairman sets out to repeal 'net neutrality' rules
- Chairman of Iowa Democratic Party resigns after caucus catastrophe
- Honey bees are dying, company says it has the answer
- Will Disney's streaming service roar - or squeak?