SHASTA COUNTY, Calif.- Deputies with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office arrested a man suspected of burglarizing Meeks Lumber Saturday morning.
Officials say this occurred Saturday, March 21, at approximately 5:40 a.m., when deputies were dispatched to a commercial burglary alarm at Meeks Lumber, located at 6781 Eastside Road.
As deputies arrived on scene, they observed a suspect, later identified as Jason Michael Kenyon, 36, of Anderson, inside the business.
Deputies say after setting a perimeter, they cleared the interior of the business with the assistance of K-9 Fritz. No suspects were located inside the business. As deputies continued their search of the property, deputies located Kenyon.
Officials say Kenyon was given numerous commands that he was under arrest and to get on the ground. Kenyon failed to comply and fled from deputies over a fence. Deputies utilized a K-9 to track Kenyon, however, they were initially unable to locate him.
Officials say at about 8 a.m., deputies located Kenyon walking on River Ranch Road. Kenyon fled on foot and deputies tracked him into a commercial property. Kenyon was located and failed to comply with lawful commands and continued to attempt to flee custody. K-9 Fritz was utilized and apprehended Kenyon.
Deputies say that upon taking Kenyon into custody, they located property on his person belonging to Meeks Lumber, as well as additional evidence linking him to the burglary.
Officials say Kenyon was transported to a local area hospital and was medically cleared. Kenyon was booked into the Shasta County Jail for burglary and resisting arrest.
- Deputies with the Shasta County Sheriffs Office arrest suspect responsible for burglarizing Meeks Lumber
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County deputies arrest robbery suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Arrested woman hospitalized
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for shooting his neighbor
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for burglary
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office: Man Suspected of Murdering Wife
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office searching for armed robbery suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office locate 'armed and dangerous' suspect