BERRY CREEK, Calif. - Butte County sheriff's deputies used a helicopter to rescue an elderly man that was reported missing in Butte County on Tuesday.
The sheriff's office said the 76-year-old man was reported missing on Tuesday in the area of French Creek Road in Berry Creek after returning from an offroad vehicle outing the day before.
A logging company employee spotted the man near the North Fork of the Feather River and called deputies.
A helicopter was used to help rescue the man from the area. He was taken to the hospital for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries.
Today, BCSO S&R was dispatched to Berry Creek after a 76 year-old man set out on his off-road vehicle yesterday and hadn’t returned. Around noon, the man was rescued about 4-5 miles from French Creek. He was flown out with non-life threatening injuries.#ButteSheriff pic.twitter.com/AC3Mu0cNGx
— Butte County Sheriff (@ButteSheriff) July 9, 2019
- Deputies use helicopter to save missing elderly man in Butte County
- UPDATE: Deputies Found Missing Elderly Man
- Butte County deputies save kitten lost in building construction
- Paradise Elderly Man Found
- A Butte County Deputy saved a man trapped in a sinking car
- Butte County deputy hospitalized after traffic stop
- Deputies Still Searching for Missing Oroville Man
- Plumas County Deputies Searching for Missing Portola Man
- Waste Management Workers Save Elderly Camp Fire Evacuee
- Citizen Assists Butte County Sheriff's Deputies in Kidnapping Arrest