Photo Gallery 2 Images
SHASTA LAKE, Calif. - One Arizona woman was arrested near Shasta Lake on Oct. 11 after authorities say she had nearly six pounds of heroin inside her car.
Officials say Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies conducted a traffic stop just before noon on I-5 where they met the driver, Ramona Lopez of Phoenix.
K-9 "Thor" was with the deputies and they say he displayed a "positive alert", indicating there was an odor of a controlled substance.
After a search of the vehicle, deputies say they found 5.8 pounds of heroin on the back passenger seat.
Lopez was booked into the Shasta County Jail for possession of heroin for the purpose of sales.
- Deputies say nearly six pounds of heroin found during Shasta Co. traffic stop
- Gridley Police seize meth and heroin during traffic stop
- Butte County deputy hospitalized after traffic stop
- Traffic stop in Hoopa finds pounds of marijuana and ammunition
- Shasta County Traffic Stop Turns Into High-Speed Chase
- Humboldt County Sheriffs Deputies arrest 3 after traffic stop
- Deputies arrest 3, recover stolen firearm during Chico traffic stop
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies Investigating Body Found on Stagecoach Road
- I-94 traffic stop in North Dakota yields 200 pounds of pot
- McKinleyville traffic stop leads to discovery of 22 pounds of marijuana