Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE 10:09 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 17 - The Glenn County Sheriff's Office announced that a man who cashed a forged check stolen from a Chico business was arrested in Willows on Monday.
Jacob McDaniel was arrested on Monday at 12:21 a.m., according to deputies. The sheriff's office said he was arrested on a warrant out of Butte County at Pacific Ave. and W. Wood street in Willows during a traffic stop.
CHICO, Calif. - A grand theft suspect is wanted by Butte County deputies after they say the man cashed a forged check stolen from a Chico business.
The business contacted the sheriff's office earlier in the month to say the check they were expecting was a payment of $19,633.80 but the check was stolen, according to officials.
During the investigation, officials say they learned the stolen check information was used to forge and cash a check in the amount of $9,633.80.
Surveillance video from the bank shows a photo of the man who they believe to be Jacob McDaniel.
With an arrest warrant in hand, officials are asking for help in locating McDaniel, who they believe is a transient in the Chico area.
McDaniel faces charges of felony grand theft and forgery.
If you have any information, please contact Detective Joe Hooks at 530-538-7671.
- Deputies arrest Chico grand theft suspect in Glenn county
- Glenn County Deputies are Searching for Suspect in Homicide
- Glenn County Election Results
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Glenn County Fair Preps
- Third Suspect Arrested Friday in Glenn County Murder
- Glenn County Sheriff Arrests Drug Felon
- Trinity County Sheriff Deputies Arrest Murder Suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Shasta County deputies arrest robbery suspect