LOS MOLINOS, Calif. - A Los Molinos business was targeted during an afternoon burglary on Sunday, Jan. 12.
Betty Joe Morales, owner of Rob's Recycling, says the suspect got away with over $1,500.
Morales says with 19 years at the location, she has never had a problem, until Sunday.
"It was a little after two o'clock in the afternoon, and we were extremely busy, we close for lunch between one and two, so at two o'clock we usually have several customers, we were working both our tables and everyone was really involved with working with the customers," she said.
Surveillance cameras captured it all and Morales says the man snuck around from the front of the building, holding a small bag of recyclables and an empty bag.
"He came and paced around, kicked his feet around, went into the building checked it out, came back out, I felt he was getting his nerve up based on the security footage we have. Then he went in spent about twenty seconds, grabbed the money box, put it into a bag, carried it right out and left the same way he came," said Morales.
She called the sheriff's office immediately and deputies have confirmed the man in the security footage is who they are looking for in the crime.
"We called our insurance company, and it is something that is covered by insurance, but our deductible is $1,000 dollars, but it did take us 19 years to figure that out," she said.
Morales said this is the first time the business has been burglarized.
Action News Now is working to find out if deputies are stepping up patrols in the area.
- Deputies investigating afternoon burglary at Los Molinos business
- Los Molinos man turns 100 years old
- Missing 13-Year-Old Found in Los Molinos
- Donations for beloved coach in Los Molinos
- Los Molinos vigilante dads catch and tie up thief
- Elderly Los Molinos pit bull helps fight off intruder
- 50th Fourth of July Parade at Los Molinos
- Los Molinos Employee Dies in Work-Related Death
- Los Molinos Employees Voice Safety Concerns Following Factory Death