MEYERS, Calif. (AP) - Authorities in Northern California say they have found the body of a man who has been missing since Thanksgiving, in a frozen lake.
The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office says deputies found the body of 39-year-old David Schmidt Saturday in Lake Baron after deputies used a remotely operated vehicle to search the lake. It says no foul play is suspected.
The office says it received a report Schmidt had gone missing Thursday and that he likely fell through the ice while walking his three dogs.
It says deputies, a dive team, firefighters and a search and rescue team searched Thursday and Friday after finding cold-weather clothing in the lake.
The office says the dogs were taken to a vet for treatment.
- Deputies find body of missing man in frozen California lake
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake
- Police find body of missing Redding man
- People in Canada do frozen lake yoga
- Police Find Body of Missing 'At Risk' Siskiyou County Man
- Searchers Find Body Identified as Missing Chico Man
- Divers find body of last missing victim from boat fire off Southern California
- Colusa County Sheriff's Office find body of missing 18-year-old
- Body of missing college student found in California park
- UPDATE: Deputies Found Missing Elderly Man