HAMILTON CITY, Calif - The Glenn County Sheriff’s Office responded to a school shooting threat made by a Hamilton Elementary school student but later found out there were no real threats.
According to GCSO, deputies responded to the school at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday after they heard about a comment referencing a firearm and a school shooting.
After an investigation, the Glenn County System-wide Mental Health Assessment Response Treatment team (SMART) learned there was no danger to the school.
SMART will continue to work closely with the school and respond to any potential risks, in order to ensure safety to the public.
- Deputies find Hamilton City school threat not credible
- Social media threat against Willows High School deemed not credible
- Red Bluff police: school shooting threat deemed not credible
- Orland High School social media threat not credible, superintendent says
- Sheriff says Red Bluff school threat not credible
- Hamilton City Teenager Arrested for Alleged Social Media Threat
- Assemblyman James Gallagher Visits Rural Schools in Hamilton City
- J Levee Construction Underway in Hamilton City
- Hamilton City Levee Project gets $8 Million
- Deputies Find Deceased Man in Shasta Lake