REDDING, Calif. - A man featured as one of Shasta County's Most Wanted was arrested on Sunday afternoon.
Deputies said they contacted 37-year-old Myles Winkler from Redding on Sunday, Nov. 17, at approximately 1:40 p.m. 3440 Shasta Dam Blvd. Authorities said they learned Winkler had an outstanding felony warrant for his arrest and was currently featured as one of Shasta County's Most Wanted.
Winkler was on active felony probation for assault with a deadly weapon.
When deputies attempted to detain Winkler he pulled away and fled on foot into a wooded area. Deputies set a perimeter and began to search for Winkler with the help of K-9 Thor, deputies said. K-9 Thor located Winkler under a thick brush down a steep hillside, deputies said.
Winkler refused to come out from hiding. With the help of K-9 Thor, deputies were able to detain Winkler and take him into custody.
He was transported to the hospital where he was treated for injuries during the struggle with K-9 Thor.
Deputies said Thor was not seriously injured during the apprehension. After being treated at the hospital, Winkler was transported to the Shasta County Jail.
- Deputies arrest man on Shasta County's Most Wanted, K-9 assistance
- Officers, K-9 arrest one of Shasta County's Most Wanted
- K-9 helps Shasta Lake deputies make early morning arrest
- Anderson K-9 assists officers with drug arrest
- Shasta County deputies arrest robbery suspect
- Shasta County Sheriff's deputies arrest shooting suspect
- Wanted felon arrested by Chico K-9 Officer
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for shooting his neighbor
- Shasta County Sheriff's Deputies arrest man for burglary
- Chico K-9 Odin assists officers with drug arrest