MAGALIA, Calif. - Butte County Sheriff's Deputies saved a man from a drug overdose using Narcan on Friday, June 28.
Early Friday morning deputies got a call about an unconscious man on Trails End Road. When they arrived they recognized signs of an opiate overdose and administered Narcan.
With hospitalizations due to opioids nearly six times the rate in Butte County compared to the state, Narcan has been in use by the police department since October of 2018.
The man from Magalia was taken to the hospital and is expected to be okay.
- Deputies administer Narcan, Save man's life in Magalia
- Deputy Assaulted, Two Men Arrested in Magalia
- Magalia Man Arrested in Shooting
- Butte Co. deputy uses NARCAN to revive opioid user
- Narcan trainings to educate public
- Traffic control workers save family from burning home in Magalia
- UPDATE: Magalia Man Barricades Himself Inside Residence
- Man worried about water in Magalia
- Camp Fire remembrance in Magalia