CALABASAS, Calif. (AP) - Authorities have identified a man who was shot to death in front of his two young children while camping at Malibu Creek State Park.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says Monday that Tristan Beaudette was killed early Friday morning inside a tent with his two daughters - ages 2 and 4.
Investigators said Beaudette was shot in the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene. His children weren't injured.
Detectives said there were other shootings "near the location in the past," but there is no evidence to suggest they are connected to Beaudette's killing.
The park in the Santa Monica Mountains was a set for the 1970s television show "M-A-S-H."
Family members said in a post on GoFundMe that Beaudette was "an amazing father, husband, son, and brother."
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Deputies ID father fatally shot at California camping site
- Female suspect ID’d in fatal Palermo deputy-involved shooting
- Police ID woman shot dead by ex-husband at California mall
- Oroville Speaks on Camp Fire Debris Site
- Placer County Sheriff's Deputies Arrest Man for Possessing Stolen ID's
- Ide Adobe Restoration
- Northern California Police ID Shooting Suspect from Montana
- Sheriff's deputy shot and killed in Colorado
- Utility Company Sues Over Fatal California Mudslides
- Ex-deputy charged with murder of father of lover's children