The new Community Demonstration Garden will be dedicated and officially opens at 10 a.m. Friday, June 29th at the Paradise Irrigation District Headquarters, 6344 Clark Road in Paradise.
It's a project that's been 4 years in the making involving volunteers from the Paradise Garden Club and the Master Gardners of Butte County. The late Doug Flesher was one of the driving forces as a PID Diorector who was involved with Butte Community College, the Farm Bureau and other agencies. Unfortunately he passed away before the garden was completed. A plaque will be dedicated in his honor at the opening ceremony.
The demonstration garden will show water-wise and fire-wise plantings chosen for the Paradise climate zone, low-use irrigation and controller systems and information about AquaHawk. It also displays a service meter, pressure regulator and back flow prevention/anti-siphon device.
Volunteers are welcome to join in the effort to continue maintaining the garden and educating the community, as well as supporting the garden financially.
For more information visit the PID website here or call (530) 877-4971.
- Demonstration Garden to open at Paradise Irrigation District
- Paradise Irrigation District Launches Drive-Thru Service
- Paradise Irrigation District discusses current water system
- Live stream to Paradise Irrigation District meeting
- Paradise Irrigation District finishes water sampling
- Paradise Irrigation District releases Water System Recovery Plan
- Paradise Irrigation District looks for water-sample volunteers
- Paradise Irrigation District begins 2-week water sampling project
- Paradise Irrigation District shares updates on recovery plan