SHASTA AND TRINITY COUNTIES, Calif. - Many schools in Shasta and Trinity Counties are closing their doors on Sept. 7 as the Delta Fire continues to ravage over 24,000 acres.
The fire is causing poor air quality, which is causing schools to send kids home until Monday.
Action News Now has confirmed closures in Happy Valley Union School District in Anderson and University Preparatory School in Redding.
Additionally, as of 11 a.m. on Sept. 7, all school in the Gateway Unified School District have closed, including:
- Central Valley High school
- Shasta Lake School
- Grand Oaks Elementary
- Buckey School of Arts
- Mountain Lake High School
Enterprise Elementary School District is choosing to remain open, but parents have the option to pick kids up from school if they want to.
- Delta Fire Causes School Closures
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- Delta Fire Traffic Conditions: I-5 Reopens After Emergency Closure
- Delta Fire: All Evacuations Lifted
- VIDEO: Delta Fire Successes Reported by Firefighters
- Cal Fire Uses Aerial Resources to Fight Delta Fire
- Spot Fire From Delta Fire Sends Plume High Into Sky
- 'Pretty Little Liars' threats prompt school closure
- North State school closures for Feb. 15
- North State school closures for Feb. 14