Photo Gallery 4 Images
UPDATE 8:23 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 - Officials from Caltrans District 3 are saying the Butte City bridge over the Sacramento River (Highway 162) will only allow one lane of traffic until Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018. Please click this link for new information on this story.
UPDATE 1:00 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 - Travelers on Highway 162 in Glenn County face one way traffic controls over the Butte City Bridge (west of Butte City in Glenn County) due to a traffic incident involved a semi-truck, a backhoe and the bridge.. There is no estimated time of clearing, A detour is not being provided.
UPDATE 10:20 a.m. Saturday, Sept. 22, 2018 - Highway 162 is now closed at the bridge, and will remain closed until the vehicle is recovered. According to the California Highway Patrol, that may be a 45 to 60 minute closure. The bridge was closed at approximately 10:06 a.m.
BUTTE CITY, Calif. - Traffic is being delayed on Highway 162 near Butte City in Glenn County due to a traffic incident involving a backhoe and a bridge.
The Highway 162 bridge crosses the Sacramento River, and as of 10:00 a.m., one lane of the bridge was open to traffic. When the recovery vehicles arriver, Highwaty 162 may be closed for an undetermined period of time.
A big rig driver was towing a backhoe onto the bridge when the incident occurred. There is the possibility that hydraulic fluid is leaking at the scene.
The incident may have also caused damage to the bridge. We have a reporter on the way to the scene to find out more about this developing situation.
- Delays on Hwy 162 at Sacramento River Due to Backhoe vs Bridge Incident
- CHP confirms fatal crash blocking both lanes of Hwy 99 near Hwy 162 junction
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Hay stack fire on Highway 162 still smolders
- FL: road-rage incident spills out on hwy
- Redding adds new patrols to enhance Sacramento River Trail safety
- Union Pacific RR Protecting Assets in Sacramento River Canyon
- Hour Long Delay at Hwy 70 east of Quincy
- UPDATE: Expect Chico traffic delays due to train trestle repairs
- Mother and 7 month old baby found floating in the Sacramento River in Redding