Butte County, Calif.—Defensible space fire inspections are underway in parts of the north state that are protected by Cal Fire.
It is California state law that you maintain your property in a fire safe matter.
Cal Fire inspectors are visiting homes in the north state to make sure that is happening.
Cal Fire inspectors will be checking things like proper clearance of vegetation around buildings.
They will also be checking for fire fuels around buildings and structures.
They will be making sure that all tree trimmed branches are at least 6 feet from the ground.
They will also be checking that all dry leaves and pine needles are removed from your yard, your roof and, rain gutters.
According to fire officials the recent rains will only promote more vegetation growth, and proper clearance could mean the difference between saving your home and losing it in the event of a wildfire.
- Defensible Space Fire Inspections Underway in North State
- Butte County CAL FIRE begins defensible space inspections
- Chipper Program Offers Defensible Space Services
- Creating defensible space to protect home from wildfires
- Registration underway for Girls on the Run North State
- Registration Underway for Girls on the Run North State
- Marshal: No inspection request before fatal Oakland warehouse fire
- PG&E to increase transmission inspections after the Camp Fire
- Several Construction Projects Underway at Chico State
- Lake Oroville State Recreation Area Improvements Underway