ORLAND, Calif. - The Glenn County Sheriff's Office has ruled the death of 49-year-old Christina Hicks, of Orland, an accident.
Hicks was found deceased inside of a burning building on County Road 15 in Orland on April 25.
The autopsy report concluded that Hicks died of asphyxiation.
She was believed to have been living in the building that caught on fire.
Arson investigators ruled the cause of the fire as undetermined.
During the investigation, investigators discovered that the origin of the fire started near the door of the building, but there was no indication that anything was used to start the fire.
Investigators found an electrical outlet with several cables plugged in near the area where the fire started. However, arson investigators reported there is not enough evidence to determine an exact cause.
After a lengthy investigation, the Glenn County Sheriff's Office determined that there is no evidence of foul play.
- Death of woman found in burned Orland shed ruled accidental
- Authorities identify woman killed in Orland shed fire
- Shed deliveries in Paradise
- Orland woman arrested for narcotics possession
- Orland woman arrested on narcotics-related charges
- Fire crews contain escaped control burn in Orland
- Orland Medication Disposal
- Orland students' food insecurity
- Orland CVS Robbery Suspects Identified
- Orland High School Car Fundraiser