(WESH) A pregnant deaf woman and her service dog were punched on a Frontier Airlines flight to Orlando Thursday.
According to an incident report from the Orlando Police Department, the woman, who is 20 weeks pregnant, and her boyfriend, who also is also deaf, were traveling with their service dog, a Great Dane named Zariel.
When the plane descended, police say a 59-year-old man's wife complained of being allergic to dogs.
When the plane landed and taxied to the gate, police say the man allegedly punched the dog with a closed fist, causing it to yelp.
The couple began yelling at the man, who then punched the pregnant woman in the stomach, the report said.
The pregnant woman's boyfriend said he tackled the 59-year-old man and held him on the ground until police arrived.
The case has been handed over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation because it happened on an airplane.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2rWG9GM
- Deaf Woman, Service Dog Punched
- Texas PD Hires First Deaf Female Officer
- Woman saves 7 service dogs from grass fire
- Veterans get service dogs trained by prisoners
- Differences between service and therapy dogs
- Cheesecake Factory to pay $15,000 to fired deaf dishwasher
- Trump panned for 'tone-deaf' Memorial Day tweet
- Man Punches Online Enemy at Redding Mall
- Video: Shasta County Deputy Punches Party-Goer
- Police shoot, kill dog that attacked woman