WILLOWS, Calif. - A deadly shooting sent shockwaves through a neighborhood in Willows. One man is dead.
The incident took place on the 600 block of North Shasta Street, just across from the United Methodist Church. Investigators on scene said the shooting was extremely uncommon for the normally quiet town of Willows.
Just after midnight on Monday, someone called the Glenn County Sheriff's Office about a shooting inside a home. Officers found 44-year-old Michael Paul Oliveira of Orland dead from a gunshot wound inside.
Investigators told Action News Now this was not a case of suicide, and that there were other people inside of the home. One of the people in the home called 911.
Action News Now also learned Oliveira had previously been booked into the Glenn County Jail for drug-related offenses, but investigators could not say whether Monday's shooting was tied to drug or gang-related crimes. Investigators could not speak to the relationship between the victim and the other people inside the home, nor explain why Oliveira was inside the home in the first place.
Anyone with information is encouraged to get in touch with the Glenn County Sheriff's Office: (530) 934-6431.
- Deadly shooting shakes quiet Willows neighborhood
- Authorities investigating deadly shooting in Willows
- Willows DMV office closing for renovations
- National Flag Day Celebrated in Willows
- Public Safety Impacts Since Willows PD Closure
- Willows Students Compete in H-2-O Challenge
- Willows community gathers to celebrate Smokey Bear
- 383 marijuana plants found behind Willows home
- Willow Lake clear of toxic algae
- USGS: Magnitude 6.3 earthquake shakes northern Chile