UPDATE 11:15 a.m. Tuesday, March 19, 2019 - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office has identified the suspect killed in an officer-involved shooting in Redding on March 10.
The suspect has been identified as Brandon Starr Robertson, 34, of Redding.
The incident is still under investigation by the Shasta County Sheriff's Office.
UPDATE 4:40 p.m. Monday, March 11, 2019 - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office has released new details regarding an officer-involved shooting in Redding late Sunday night.
Authorities say that officers were conducting a DUI investigation in the parking lot of Bob's Liquor, located at 1074 Hartnell Avenue in Redding around 11 p.m. on Sunday.
The suspect became uncooperative and told officers he had a handgun.
He was refusing to comply with the officer's orders as they were attempting to place him in handcuffs. One officer attempted to use his taser but it was not effective on the suspect. Another officer tried to physically restrain him, but he fled on foot northbound on Rockabye Lane.
CHP officers said that he fired a weapon at them while he fled. The officers fired multiple rounds from their weapons and chased the suspect into the backyard of a nearby residence.
Officers found the suspect laying down and holding a handgun in the backyard. Officers ordered him to drop the weapon, but he failed to comply. They fired a bean bag round on him in an effort to subdue him but it had no effect on him.
The suspect then raised the handgun he was holding and multiple officers from the Redding Police Department fired their weapons at the suspect.
He was pronounced dead at the scene. No officers were injured in the incident.
Authorities have not identified the suspect killed in the incident.
The investigation is ongoing. Stay tuned for updates.
REDDING, Calif - The Shasta County Sheriff's Office is investigating after an officer-involved shooting left one person dead late Sunday night.
Redding Police say it happened just before midnight on Sunday when a California Highway Patrol Officer attempted to pull a man over for a routine traffic stop on Hartnell Ave. That is when officers say the man ran toward Rockabye Lane and began shooting towards the CHP officer and Redding Police officers who had come as back up. Both CHP and RPD fired back.
Investigators say the suspect was pronounced dead on the scene. Both officers involved were unharmed. The suspect's identity has not been released.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office remained on scene until around 6:40 a.m. on Monday.
This is a developing story. Check back for more details.
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Victim Identified in Redding Officer-Involved Shooting
- Man Identified in Deadly Officer Involved Shooting
- UPDATE: Suspect killed in officer-involved shooting with Redding Police
- Shasta County Sheriff's Office identifies man killed in officer-involved shooting
- Authorities identify the man killed in a Red Bluff police shooting
- Sheriff's ID Man in Redding Officer Involved Shooting
- Man killed in fire in Redding identified
- Yuba County Sheriff's Office Identifies Suspect Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting
- Tehama County Sheriff's Office Identifies Suspect Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting