UPDATE 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 23, 2019 - The Yuba County Sheriff's Office has identified the victim in a shooting on Highway 70 Wednesday night as Alejandro Escobar, 36, of Sacramento.
The second victim was treated at a local hospital and released overnight for a minor injury.
The suspects and suspect vehicle are still outstanding.
Stay tuned for updates.
YUBA COUNTY, Calif. - The Yuba County Sheriff's Office said two men traveling from Chico to Sacramento were victims of a car-to-car shooting on Highway 70, south of Plumas Lake Boulevard.
There was a verbal altercation around 5:51 p.m. on Wednesday evening before the shooting happened between the two cars in Marysville.
An investigation to find the suspects is now underway.
Deputies said the victims were shot by occupants in what is described as a gold sedan.
The sheriff's office said one person died at the scene. A passenger in the victim's car was injured but the driver was not injured.
The suspects were reportedly unknown to the victims.
The Yuba County Sheriff Investigations Unit said anyone with information is asked to call the office at 530-749-7777 or the anonymous tip line at 530-749-7930.
- Authorities identify man killed in shooting on Highway 70
- Suspects identified in deadly Highway 70 shooting
- Motorcyclist Killed in Highway 70 Collision
- Highway 273 pedestrian killed identified
- Authorities identify man killed in Redding officer-involved shooting
- Yuba County Coroner Identifies Victims in Highway 70 Crash
- Butte Co. Sheriff's Office Identifies Woman Killed in Head-on Crash on Highway 70
- Authorities identify man killed in suspected DUI crash in Redding
- Marysville residents react to Highway 70 plans
- UPDATE: Funding Approved for Highway 70 Construction