ALISO VIEJO, Calif. (AP) - The Latest on a deadly explosion at a Southern California office building.
Prosecutors say federal agents found two improvised explosive devices while searching a home owned by the former boyfriend of a woman killed in an explosion at a Southern California office building.
Stephen Beal was charged Thursday with possessing an unregistered destructive device and was awaiting a court appearance in federal court in Santa Ana.
He has not been charged in connection with Tuesday's explosion in the city of Aliso Viejo.
Beal's son, Nathan Beal, told The Associated Press that his father had been in a relationship with the woman who was killed, 48-year-old Ildiko Krajnyak (IL-di-koh KRY-nyak). He said they had recently broken up.
Two patrons at Krajnyak's day spa were seriously injured.
Beal's attorney, Isabel Bussarakum, did not immediately respond to a telephone message seeking comment Thursday.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press.)
- Deadly Explosion Explosives Found at Home of Ex-Boyfriend
- More Details on Explosive Materials Found in Redding Home
- Neighbors react to Redding home fire & explosion
- California man arrested after explosive device found in car
- Baby Boy Found Alive in Rubble of Russian Apartment Explosion
- Red Cross sets up evacuation center after explosives found in Happy Valley home
- Shasta County Sheriff's come up with plan to deal with explosives found at Happy Valley home
- Austin Authorities are Responding to Another Explosion
- 1 killed in Texas hospital explosion
- American Killed During Boat Explosion at Bahamas