UPDATE: 2/23/2018 12:51 p.m.
The Shasta County Boating Safety Unit responded to a call on the Sacramento arm of Shasta Lake on February 20th where the remains of an adult male were found.
During the investigation the decedent was identified as 60 year old William Alan Beckwith of Corning.
The next-of-kin has been notified and a postmortem examination has been scheduled.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office says a man's body was found by a fisherman in Shasta Lake.
They say a fisherman reported finding the man in his 60's, floating in the northern end of the Sacramento Arm of Shasta Lake at around 5:05 p.m. Tuesday, wearing a life vest. A partially submerged, small vessel was found nearby.
The Sheriff's Office says the decedent was released to the Shasta County Coroner's Office. His identity will be released after next of kin are notified.
- UPDATE: body found by fisherman in Shasta Lake identified
- UPDATED: Mount Shasta man found deceased on Medicine Lake Road
- Missing Woman Found Alive Near Shasta Lake
- Shasta Lake Drug Arrest
- Body Found In Sacramento River Identified
- Police Identify Body Found Near Yuba River
- Body located in Shasta Lake after three day search
- MISSING WOMAN FOUND: At Risk Shasta Lake Woman Found Safe
- Person Identified in Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Shasta Lake
- Body found in Redding park on Valentines Day identified by Shasta County Sheriff's Office