The danger remains in Happy Valley following the discovery this week of hundreds of pounds of old explosives.
Shasta County Sheriff Tom Bosenko has declared a local emergency which he will ask the board of supervisors to ratify on Tuesday.
There are still 200-pounds of explosives inside the barn on Happy Valley Road.
The plan at the moment is to set fire to the structure rather than try remove the explosives.
An update from the sheriff's office isn't expected before Tuesday.
- Danger in Happy Valley remains
- Happy Valley situation wraps up, but questions still remain
- High speed pursuit ends in Happy Valley
- Happy Valley Strawberry Festival enjoys sunny weather
- LATEST: Remainder of explosives detonated in Happy Valley
- Disturbance in Happy Valley Home Leads to Shooting
- Crews knock down fire caused by grill in Happy Valley
- Happy Lunar New Year!
- Welcome changes are ahead, but fire danger remains high today
- Welcome cooling ahead, but fire danger remains elevated