PARADISE, Calif.- Paradise police say they arrested a man on Friday for driving more than 100 miles an hour while under the influence.
An officer first spotted Jonathon Dixon traveling over 100 miles an hour southbound on Skyway through the Paradise downtown area, however, due to his speed, the officer was unable to catch up to him.
A short time later a sergeant was able to stop Dixon and make the arrest after seeing him driving 60 miles in a 30 mile-per-hour zone. Police say Dixon showed signs of intoxication and was arrested on suspicion of a DUI.
Dixon, a multiple DUI offender, was booked into the Butte County jail and faces charges of driving under the influence and driving under the influence with prior DUI convictions.
- Paradise police arrest DUI suspect
- Paradise Police arrest stabbing suspect
- Man Arrested for Marijuana DUI in Paradise
- Paradise man arrested for DUI, hit-and-run arrest
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico
- DUI arrest retraction
- Chico Police Arrest Hit and Run, DUI Suspect
- Chico Police: Man Arrested In DUI Collision
- Chico Police arrest Hollywood actress for DUI
- Suspect arrested in Paradise for attacking girlfriend