REDDING, Calif. - A Redding man suspected of driving under the influence was arrested Saturday night after hitting road signs in Redding.
According to the Redding Police Department, officers got a call just before 6:30 p.m. from a witness who saw Thomas Carter, 31, of Redding driving his 2005 Pontiac towards her car and then hit a pedestrian sign at Old Alturas Road and Oak Mesa Lane.
Police say Carter continued to drive away at a home on Lema Road where he was arrested.
Carter has had two prior DUI convictions and was booked into the Shasta County, officials said.
- DUI Driver Leaves Redding Traffic Sign Damaged: Police
- Alleged DUI Driver Overturns Car, Causes Property Damage in Redding
- Suspected DUI Driver Rear-Ends Redding Police Car
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Suspected DUI Driver Dies After Jumping Off Bridge: Redding PD
- Redding traffic alert
- Suspected DUI driver involved in 2017 crash runs from Redding police
- DUI crash leaves 6 injured, including children
- Suspected DUI driver rams LA patrol cars
- Suspected DUI driver arrested in Chico