CHICO, Calif. - A man first accused of stealing a car now faces murder charges after DNA results linked him to his mother’s murder at Anita Road, north of Chico back in January, according to an email sent by the Butte County District Attorney Monday.
According to DA Mike Ramsey, Alton Facciuto, 32, of Chico was formally charged with the murder of Sherry Facciuto, 60, the mother of Alton whose strangled body was found in January at an outbuilding on the 5600 block of Anita Road after the family car went missing.
Witnesses reported seeing Alton driving his mother’s stolen vehicle.
Alton has been arrested for murder and remains in the Butte County Jail with a bail set at $1 million.
- DNA Ties Son with Chico Mother’s Murder: Butte DA
- Manhunt underway for suspected murderer of former DA's son
- Butte Co DA brings charges to DWR
- Butte DA will stay on Crittenden case
- Butte D.A. Warns Against Price Gouging
- Butte Co. DA sues DWR for environmental damages
- Butte County D.A.'s Office Honors Crime Victims
- Butte County DA Drops Charges in Attempted Kidnapping Case
- Chico man sentenced for the murder of his mother
- 'Tis the Season's final night in Chico