Critical fire danger is prompting a Red Flag Warning to continue across Northern California today. The biggest concerns for fire danger will be very low humidity, gusty North winds, and hotter temperatures ahead for today. Humidity has not recovered well overnight, and is mostly below 35 percent in the valley for the start of the day. Humidity is expected to dip into the 5 to 15 percent range this afternoon, which could result in new fires being started very easily. Temperatures have stayed slightly warmer overnight, with valley areas dipping into the high 50's to mid 60's, and mountain areas dropping into the 30's to 40's overnight. Winds are already strong for the start of your Thursday. Winds are expected to pick up out of the North to around 20mph this afternoon, with gusts up to around 30mph. Stronger winds could result in the enhanced spread of fires in our region. Temperatures are projected to top out in the mid 90's for the majority of the valley today and in the 70's to mid 80's in the mountains this afternoon. The Red Flag Warning is set to stay in place for the valley and foothills through 7pm tonight.
Slightly cooler temperatures, lighter winds, and higher humidity will help fire danger dip back into the moderate to high range on Friday. Temperatures are expected to be around 4 to 5 degrees cooler than Thursday afternoon. Valley areas will end up in the high 80's to low 90's from Friday through Sunday. Dry weather and sunny to mostly sunny skies are expected to persist through your weekend. Temperatures will start to climb again for the start of next week, and low to mid 90's are projected from Monday through at least Wednesday of your extended forecast in the valley.
- Critical fire weather prompts Red Flag Warning today
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger today
- A Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger continues today
- Red Flag Warning for Critical Fire Danger
- High Fire Danger Prompts a Red Flag Warning
- Pleasant Today, Red Flag Warning Returns Tonight
- Red Flag Warning Ahead!
- Red Flag Warning for critical fire danger ahead
- The threat of thunderstorms prompts a Red Flag Warning tonight
- Red Flag Warnings increases So Cal fire threat again today