Chico, Calif.—The crash happened at around 4:30 Wednesday afternoon in front of the Lube Express on the Esplanade.
When we arrived on scene, one woman was being treated on the side of the road and was taken to the hospital by ambulance.
Police said she is in serious but stable condition and had some bones broken.
One of the cars involved was just feet away from crashing into the Lube Express building.
Workers at that business told Action News Now that they heard a loud bang after the crash and immediately rushed to help.
Jared Connolly said it was just natural instinct after he saw that one of the drivers was injured.
“Help, I'm there to help with whatever I can do at that point. The first thing that runs through my head is how I can help,” Connolly said.
Traffic on the north bound side of the Esplanade was slowed down, while cars driving south bound were detoured through the AMF Orchard Lanes bowling alley for about an hour and a half.
The circumstances leading to the crash is still unclear but we are working on getting more information from police on what led to the crash but witnesses told Action News Now they did see one of the cars speeding.
- Crash sends one woman to the hospital in Chico
- Rollover Crash in Chico Sends Two to Hospital
- Crash in Chico sends one to the hospital
- Oroville Accident Sends Woman to Hospital
- Rollover crash on Highway 32 sends one to hospital
- Woman Arrested on DUI Charges After Crash Sends Four to Hospital
- Woman, Infant, and Toddler in Hospital after Car Crash
- Chico woman arrested for DUI after three-car crash
- CHP: Head-on collision sends two people to the hospital
- Car Versus Motorcycle Accident Sends One to the Hospital