A crash near the Redding Airport backed up traffic during the morning commute.
It happened at the intersection of Knighton Road and Lockheed Road in Redding.
Officers at the scene say the driver of a white Kia sedan pulled out into oncoming traffic on Knighton Road, and a blue Mercury SUV hit the car and flipped on its side.
The elderly couple in the car that was broadsided went to the hospital with minor injuries.
Alcohol and drugs are not believed to be a factor in this crash.
- Crash on Knighton Road in Redding slows down traffic
- Motorcycle crash causes traffic delays on I-5, Knighton Road
- Flooded Roads Slow Traffic Around Chico
- 3-Car Crash Slows Traffic on Hwy 99 near Corning
- Oil tanker crash slows traffic on I-5 near Cottonwood
- Busted water main slows traffic in Chico
- Redding traffic alert
- Traffic Alert: Redding Highway 44
- Traffic Alert: NB I-5 Slowed due to Overturned Big Rig
- Motorcycle Crash Causes Traffic Issues near Downtown Redding