A motorcyclist is dead this evening after crashing on a busy road in Redding.
The Shasta County Sheriff's Office has indentified the motorcyclist killed as 19-year-old Jason Chance Lanphear, of Redding.
The crash happened Thursday around 7:30 p.m. on Browning Street, near Canby Road.
Police officers say a mid-sized car and a motorcycle crashed, sending both drivers to the hospital and causing roads to close.
Redding Police Lieutenant Brian Barner says the driver sustained moderate injuries. The motorcyclist was taken to the hospital and was pronounced dead.
Both roads were reopened around 9:20 p.m.
Officers say the cause of the crash is still under investigation.
- Fatal motorcycle accident in Redding
- Fatal Redding Car Accident
- Person Identified in Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Shasta Lake
- Investigators release identities from I-5 fatal accident in Redding
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Redding
- Redding man dead after motorcycle collision
- Car Versus Motorcycle Accident Sends One to the Hospital
- CHP: Fatal Accident Off Highway 70
- Fatal motorcycle collision on Centerville Road prompts closure
- Fatal motorcycle crash in Burney; victim and passenger identified