LOUISVILLE, Ky. - A cow got loose in Northern Kentucky on Sunday night forcing police to shut down a major interstate.
The southbound lanes of Interstate 71/75 were closed around 1 a.m.
Then the cow jumped the median barrier, forcing officials to close the northbound lanes too.
Both directions reopened after 20 minutes when investigators shot and killed the animal.
The cow’s carcass was then taken to a farm in Kenton County.
It’s unclear where the cow came from.
- Cow Causes Major Interstate Closure in Kentucky
- Driving on Interstate 5
- Police chase cow near Chick-Fil-A
- Camp Fire: School Closures
- Glenn County Road Closures
- Major warming trend ahead
- Remains of ancient sea cow unearthed on California island
- TCSO: Cow worth $1,500 shot and killed in Vina
- 2 most expensive cow dogs sold at Red Bluff
- Town of Paradise road closure