WILLOWS, Calif. — The Covelo Ranger District office will be closed to the public beginning Monday, Jan. 22, 2018 until further notice.
District Ranger, Frank Aebly says, “This temporary closure is being implemented due to limited staffing at this location. We are working to remedy the situation and reopen the office as quickly as possible.”
Aebly advises visitors to check for information about the forest before traveling to the area.
Forest product permits, maps and recreation passes may be purchased at the Mendocino National Forest Supervisor’s office, 825 N. Humboldt Ave. in Willows, at the Upper Lake Ranger District office, 10025 Elk Mountain Road in Upper Lake and the Stonyford Work Center in Stonyford, California.
- Covelo ranger district office closing
- Almanor Ranger District seeking summer campground hosts
- Search underway for missing Covelo woman, believed abducted
- Lassen National Forest Eagle Lake Ranger District temporarily closed for fuelwood cutting
- Former State Parks Ranger Sentenced
- California State Parks Rangers Graduate
- Park Ranger Safety Tips for Hitting the Parks this Summer
- Whiskeytown Park Offering Ranger-Guided Tours with Lots of Activities
- Rangers Urge: Follow Leash & Bike Rules at Bidwell Park
- Park Ranger Talks New Park Rules and Public Safety