Photo Gallery 1 Images
Update: 6:58 p.m., September 12, 2019 - Action News Now followed up with Councilman Morgan, who said he would provide a "detailed narrative" on his thinking on Tuesday evening. Mayor Randall Stone said he had "no comment" to the agenda item.
CHICO, Calif. - A member of the Chico City Council is formally asking that his vote, that helped place Randall Stone in the Mayor's chair, be reconsidered.
It is item 6.2-B on the agenda for the Sept. 17 meeting.
For the agenda released on Sept. 11, 6.2-B states "Councilmember Morgan request – Reconsideration of appointment of the Mayor".
The item was requested by councilmember, and former mayor, Sean Morgan who told Action News Now, he is "having a hard time living with this decision". The decision being helping vote in Randall Stone as mayor in December of 2018.
Mayor Stone and Councilmember Karl Ory are the targets of a recall effort now underway in the city of Chico.
Stone had no comment when asked about the agenda item.
For the full Sept. 17 agenda, CLICK HERE.
- Councilmember Morgan regrets voting for Chico Mayor Randall Stone
- Chico City Council votes Mayor Randall Stone out
- Group moves forward with petition to recall Chico mayor, councilmember
- Chico City Councilmembers divided on term limit proposal
- Councilmembers release "Chico Green New Deal" policy package
- Former Chico Mayor Arrested
- Housing bill battle heats up between Mayor Stone, Assemblyman Gallagher
- Council rejects mayoral vote reconsideration
- Moscow says regrets UK poisoning death