CHICO, Calif. - Tuesday night the Chico City Council voted to reject Councilmember Sean Morgan's proposal to have his mayoral vote reconsidered.
Councilmember Sean Morgan said he was pushing this item forward for no political reason but because he wants to see a change in leadership.
Several members agreed with Councilmember Morgan's request and said they would like to see a change in the Mayor's behavior.
Councilmember Scott Huber asked Mayor Randall Stone what he would change in the future as to better communicate with the council. Stone replied, saying he can come off as gruff but he looks forward to improving his behavior with his fellow councilmembers.
A replacement motion was seconded to reject Councilmember Morgan's request to reconsider his vote toward the mayor seat.
The motion passed 5-2.
The Council also approved an ad-hoc committee that would research work opportunities for the homeless.
- Council rejects mayoral vote reconsideration
- City Council rejects appeal for Chico's Simplicity Village
- Oroville City Council Censures Mayor, Again
- Chico State students vote to reject proposed fee increases
- Chico City Council Member accuses Mayor of lying about AB 430 vote
- Oroville city council approves district voting
- Chico Council officially adopts district voting
- Battle brewing between Oroville City Council members and the mayor
- Redding City Council votes no on fiscal emergency
- Council Vote to Fund the Arts Faces Opposition