COTTONWOOD, Calif - Students at West Cottonwood Junior High are heading to Sacramento on Friday to play basketball at the Golden 1 Center.
This tradition started nearly 20 years ago when now superintendent Doug Geren wanted to take the basketball team to see a Kings game and show them about living out their dreams.
Geren began asking questions and learned about the Prelim program that allows schools to sell 200 tickets in exchange for 3 hours of play time on the court.
Since then, schools across the North State have been taking part in this program.
On Friday, Action News Now reporter Elizabeth Zelidon interviewed the West Cottonwood Junior High Basketball team to learn how they sold the tickets, what their dreams are and what players they are most excited to see.
- Cottonwood Students to Play at Sacramento Kings Game
- Sacramento Kings Honor Paradise Basketball Teams
- Sacramento Kings Host Paradise High School Basketball Teams
- Victim Identified in Cottonwood Housefire
- Cottonwood man shot after starting a fight
- Victim identified in Cottonwood DUI crash
- Cottonwood children’s garden for healthy living
- Free Wine Tasting Comes to Cottonwood
- Cottonwood Arsonist Meeting Leaves Some With Questions
- Organizations, Volunteers Lighting up Downtown Cottonwood